The Fluvanna County Chamber of Commerce is an organization of business owners, representatives, and leaders,
plus community leaders and citizens, who volunteer to
work together and invest time, talent, resources, and money
in a business and community development program
to improve Fluvanna County Virginia.
Note from the Marketing & Communications Committee: This is a work in progress.
Contact the office if you can identify a benefit you receive that we haven't included on this list,
if you'd like to contribute a member-to-member benefit,
or if there's something you'd like us to work to incorporate as a benefit.
Fluvanna County Chamber of Commerce Membership Benefits
- referrals from the Chamber Office – when people call to inquire about availability of a product or service locally, we provide them with contact information for member businesses
- opportunity to have company literature and business cards available for visitors to the Chamber Office, open Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., and also at the Piedmont Crossroads Visitors Center at Zion Crossroads.
- listing (alpha and by category) on the Chamber website
- listing (alpha and by category) in the annual Fluvanna County Chamber of Commerce Guide with 5000 copies distributed in the county, given to newcomers in the “Welcome to Fluvanna County” gift bag, and available at the Piedmont Crossroads Visitors Center at Zion Crossroads (NOTE: Join before February to be included in the April to April publication.)
- opportunity to purchase a display ad in the annual Guide Ad Order Form avail. Jan.-Feb.
- opportunity to supply business cards or promotional items (pen, cup, magnet, etc.) for inclusion in "Welcome to Fluvanna County" gift bag
- opportunity to submit announcements for the Weekly Buzz e-newsletter
- recognition on Fluvanna County Chamber of Commerce Facebook page
- “Business After Hours” gatherings for Chamber members and their guests
- “Networking Breakfasts” for Chamber members and their guests with a speaker covering a business topic, community issue or community resource
- Annual Member Meeting in October
- “Christmas Social” in December
- opportunities to learn about member businesses and gain awareness of what’s available in order to help each other with referrals
Business Support & Education
- Chambers of Commerce organizations are recognized leaders in business integrity and Chamber membership adds to a business owner’s credibility (NOTE: member cling-decals are provided for display at your business or on your car window and Chamber membership can be noted on your own business cards)
- supportive organization with members generously sharing expertise to help other members (training offered through one-on-one, roundtable, and presentation formats)
- “Networking Breakfasts” feature speakers on relevant topics and resources
- Weekly Buzz e-newsletter highlights training opportunities throughout the region
- having representatives on boards, committees, and commissions so we can keep our members abreast of community issues and we can share the business community perspective to influence decision-making
- utilizing member surveys to get input on key issues so we can provide to decision makers the opinions and concerns of our membership
Making Fluvanna Even Better
- looking for ways to bring the community together and draw visitors to Fluvanna County – including the BBQ, BANDS & BREWS event (June) and the Wine Festival (September) – while helping businesses meet potential customers and clients
- each member has the opportunity to serve on Chamber Committees to be an active part of the Chamber, shaping its future and the future of Fluvanna
Leveraging Your Membership & Reach
•· NEW Affiliate Agreement with Charlottesville Regional Chamber, beginning in fall 2012:
dues-paying member businesses of the Fluvanna County Chamber
that have 10 and fewer full-time employees and are based in Fluvanna will receive
Affiliate Membership in the C’ville Chamber at NO ADDITIONAL COST
dues-paying member businesses of the Charlottesville Regional Chamber
that have 10 and fewer employees and are based in Charlottesville/Albemarle are automatically designated as Affiliate Members of the Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, and Orange Chambers. To access additional benefits, at NO ADDITIONAL COST, register with the Fluvanna Chamber by completing the "New Member Application" and selecting the Affiliate level. (You will need your C'ville Chamber member # and your renewal date).
Why not join TODAY?